Saturday, July 16, 2005

We have just returned from a week in Devon where we stayed in a little cabin or "villa" in Saunton Sands which is mostly a nature reserve made up of sand dunes with a cluster of cabins at one end and a small selection of beach facilities. Literally miles of unspoilt beach due to the nature reserve. I did a few watercolours and drawings . These two are maybe the best. I did one from memory of a curious phenomena of the light when the sun was shining through clouds while we were messing around in the surf. It looks a bit too much like a sunset and so I will have to look at it for awhile to see whether it should go up here. We had a fabulous time though. Lots of sun and surf.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Sounds fab! I'm not one for lazy on the beach and sun bathing (what with these legs?) and I don't swim but walks by the coast and exploring old seaside towns is a great way to spend a holiday. With plenty of stops in cafe's for cream teas and knickerbocker glorys ofcourse!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Scrapatorium said...

It does sound like a lovely time and a great place for an artist such as yourself to relax and paint. Like Michael, I don't care for sun bathing and I can't swim, but would love to explore and collect sea shells and rocks.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Arty said...

I can't lie down long enough to sunbathe without getting bored but I love being outside and I love to swim-or save myself from drowning unelegantly more accurately. It was heap big fun on the body boards. We did get some good walks in and my feet are cut to ribbons. Lovely sunsets too.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home