Sunday, August 14, 2005

I am finally getting another head of steam with my painting and I have quite a few paintings on the go now which should mature in the next few weeks and I will load them on as soon as I can. I am mostly painting watercolours at the moment, sometimes with a technique I call "dry brush" which is using the watercolour medium but more opaquely and using additional gum arabic to glaze and thin the paints-almost an oil painting technique. It does allow me to use more controlled accicdent to knock back an image and them rebuild it again, giving what I feel is an additional richness. Sometimes you risk losing the entire image but the satisfaction of recovering and restoring it is great. When I feel a painting (or other type of art work) is working for me, I can sense a sound in my head almost like a tone at a certain pitch which I can't quite describe. Some painting never produce that sound but I know I am on the right track when I hear it. Not just my imagination!

It is a good incentive to put up new work here and I am particularly grateful for the fed back I have been having from my friends. Keep watching this space.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara's Art Camp said...

I don't think my previous post went through. Just in case,,, I love this one,,, I love the eyes.

Tara

2:02 PM  
Blogger Arty said...

It certainly did-and nice to see you here too

3:25 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Looking forward to that new work Paul. I am always amazed at how prolific you are! Makes me feel very lazy!

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home